Monday, April 6, 2009

Parents


Today I was thinking how lucky I am to have such wonderful parents and such a wonderful Mother and Father-in-law.

My parents have always been so supportive of me. They helped me and loved me when I was a difficult teenager. They took me and Kelsi in and were such a big help to me when I was a single mom. My Dad has always had such good advice and always says his advice in his "it is what it is" way. My Mom has shown me how to be a good homemaker, money manager and sweet and quiet friend. I was always impressed by how my Dad would do little things for my mom - like bring her a bag of chocolate covered peanuts or flowers when he knew she needed a little pick-me-up. My Mom was always so tender and compassionate whenever I was sick or sad, even if I was being over-dramatic. My parents are so amazing and I feel so blessed to be able to have them in my life!

Paul's parents are also so wonderful, and I am truly lucky not to have that stigma of the bad/crazy/annoying/meddling in-laws that a lot of other people I know have. Mary is such a wonderful Grandmother to all her Grandkids and always remembers each Grandkid on all the special Holidays, birthdays, etc. She is a wonderful cook and is such an example of a great wife to Fred. She has always been so kind and loving towards me - even when I wasn't her Daughter-in-law and I am always so glad to spend time with her. Fred is such a hard worker and so smart. He always has great ideas about things and is the one person that can get Paul to think outside his box. He has such a gift of gab and can talk to anyone about anything. He is always joking the Grandkids and comes up with the funniest sayings.

I know I am not doing justice to just how much I love these people, but I hope that they know and can feel how much I do really love them, admire them and are grateful for them.

No comments: