Easter this year was really nice. We started the week leading up to Easter learning about the last week of The Savior's life. I got a cute idea from Women's Group to fill an Easter Egg with something that represented each thing that happened during each day and some scriptures to go along with it. It was nice to be able to reflect about what Easter really is and to take time to learn more about The Savior. We also did some of the fun "Eastery" things - like dyeing eggs, having an egg hunt and the Easter bunny did visit with baskets full of goodies. Carson was so funny this year! He had so much fun painting his eggs, and then deciding it was just easier to dunk the whole egg into the color. And while he was gathering hidden eggs up from around the house - he wanted to open each egg and eat the candy inside before finding another egg - needless to say all he ate all day was candy! We had Easter dinner at my Aunt Sue's house with Turkey, Ham, Salads and Rolls. The weather was actually nice so we could be outside, and it was fun to see my Aunt and some Cousins that I haven't seen in awhile. The kids all got to hunt for eggs and some were even filled with money! After my Aunt Sue's we went over to Troy and Wendy's house to visit and Grandma Mary had a special egg for each of the kids - also with money in them. This was Jadybug's last "First" Holiday and I'm glad that it was such a nice day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I just love Jaedyn's little facial expressions. Sounds like you had a very fun-filled Easter. And good job with the eggs and scriptures for the week. We did really well at the beginning of the week. However by the end we were so busy we forget. I always say, we will do better next year.
Man your kids are so cute! They are all growing up so much! I can't even believe it! Holidays are so fun with little ones!
Post a Comment