We had such a wonderful trip. We were able to see a lot of the sights on the Mall (a massive stretch of city streets lined with historical and functional government buildings) - we saw Arlington Cemetary, the Washington Monument, The Holocaust Museum, The Smithsonian Castle and the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum. We saw the Lincoln Memorial, the White House, The Vietnam Memorial, Mount Vernon, drove past the pentagon and the Potomac River. It is so nice to travel with my sweetheart - he is a fun traveling partner and it is a nice reminder why you are together. I also am so grateful to my Mom for watching my kids for the weekend, and Kelsi who helped out! We are so blessed to live in this beautiful country, where no matter where you go, there is always something fun to do and something beautiful to look at!
Arlington National Cemetary
The Changing of the Guard - what a quiet, respectful moment.
Tomb of the unknown soldier
Kennedy Memorial at Arlington Cemetary
A school that teaches kids rowing. (Paul had to make a pit stop here, but I'm glad he did because it was a beautiful view!)
The cherry blossoms in full bloom!
The Washington Monument
We got a cherry lemonade and a blossom cookie in honor of the Cherry Blossom Festival.
Mount Vernon - George Washington's Home.
Another beautiful tree in all it's glory!
Meet the Obama's? Close!
Paul and the President - well at least the President's house!
The Vietnam Memorial - such a cool place. I was humbled by all those names - those that were willing to sacrifice their life for freedom. What an honor to be there and pay my respects.
They are renovating the reflecting pool, so this view wasn't the greatest. I was kindof sad, but maybe one of these days I will get to go back and see it all finished!
The Lincoln Memorial
While we were in the Lincoln Memorial we heard some "pops" outside. They were shooting off daytime fireworks and they were AWESOME! I'm not sure if they were because of the Cherry Blossom Festival, or for some other reason - but it was cool to be in the right place at the right time to see them!
What a wonderful trip! It was such a beautiful area to go visit, I had so much fun with Paul, and am so grateful to be able to visit some of the places and memorials that help remind me that I am truly blessed to live in America and am truly blessed to have 6 wonderful years of marriage and such an amazing family!


No comments:
Post a Comment